Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I've Been Sewing . . .


I've always loved to sew. I taught myself when I was in the 7th grade. I remember all my friends were getting the NEW 10 speed bicycles. I was given a choice - 10 speed bike or sewing machine.
 
I chose a sewing machine and I am so glad I did. My mom isn't much of a seamstress, but my grand mother was ( must have skipped a generation.)
 
None of my friends sewed when I was young, it wasn't "cool." I just love that so many young people today are creating and making handmade items and that sewing is so very popular.

I've been busy sewing. I'll be posting some of my items here soon.

3 comments:

  1. Aren't you the clever one! I have NOOOOO talent for sewing and am very admirative of anyone who can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom let me use her sewing machine when i was growing up.....and had i been given the choice, i would have taken the sewing machine over a bike, too!! i'm eager to see what you've been working on....your fabrics are SO cute!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great! I can't wait to se some of your items. I wish I could sew... but my sewing abilities start with buttons and small holes in socks and finish with buttons and small holes in socks:) I still hope to learn it one day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...