Monday, November 8, 2010

Collage Fabric Heart

One of my creative loves is sewing. I can remember when I was 12 years old I got my first sewing machine. I was hooked on sewing. Back then, it was cheaper to make your own clothing and I made a lot of my wardrobe. My mother is a knitter, but not much of a sewer. She would have to read all the directions on the pattern and by the time she was done I was halfway through cutting out the pattern. I was more of a visual learner - I could look at the pattern and figure out how everything was put together.
I don't do too much sewing anymore.  The fabric I like is not cheap and forget about patterns - when did they get so expensive. But every once and a while I get the sewing bug and I pull out my machine and make things.
I've been making pillows for my shop and I had left over fabric so I  made this cute heart ornament. The fabric and lace are vintage. I added a vintage rhinestone pin, an old key and  a couple of charms. A  pretty satin bow finishes off this sweet decoration.

3 comments:

  1. Very lovely. Would make a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a classy piece of art. .. done really nice
    now i know how i will display my vintage jewelry also

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...