Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mixed Media Encaustic Paintings

I've been working on some new encaustic mixed media paintings.
In these mixed media paintings I have incorporated some of the wonderful vintage papers I have collected. I really like the sepia color of the vintage papers with the turquoise and red paper dots.
I have used both vintage sheet music and pages from an old high school algebra book. (See that high school math is useful.)
I also have incorporated some black thread in the paintings. It's really fun to experiment with different materials in encaustic painting.
To learn more about these paintings you can go to - my shop.

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful honey..wow. Kori xoxo

    blondeepisodes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I love the way they work together as a group. The small pops of color really adds vibrance to the images- great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them, my dear!
    Paula at mixed media manic.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...