Monday, April 23, 2012

Seattle Space Needle Turns 50

As many of you know, I live on an island across the water from Seattle, WA. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Seattle Space Needle. It was built for the 1962 World's Fair and when it was completed it was the tallest structure west of the Mississippi River.
So in honor of this Seattle icon, I created a mixed media encaustic painting of the Seattle skyline highlighting this fun structure.
I layered bits of vintage papers between encaustic paint and covered the whole painting in a clear encaustic paint. I've also added an image of the ferry boat I ride to get into the city.
I have this original mixed media painting in my shop here
 and I am also offering a print of this painting here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...