Thought I’d share this delicious recipe for a green smoothie. Spinach is so good for you and this drink is a great way to eat your veggies. I found a similar recipe on Pintrest, but I have adjusted this recipe for myself. This smoothie is fantastic for breakfast or anytime.Green Spinach Smoothie-
1 frozen sliced banana – I freeze bananas peeled and then sliced. The frozen bananas add sweetness and thickness to the smoothie
1-Tablespoon organic peanut butter
1/2 cup non-fat plain organic yogurt
1-cup non-fat organic milk
4 cups organic baby spinach
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
350 calories, 10g fiber, 21g protein
A few reasons why drinking a this Green Spinach Smoothie is so good for you
- Spinach is fat free, cholesterol free, low in calories, and very low in sodium
- Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin A, C, K, iron, fiber, folate, and lutein
- Leutin is an antioxidant that promotes good eye health, and may help prevent cancer of the liver, ovaries, colon and prostate and even dementia.
- Spinach juice has twice the chlorophyll, eight times the calcium, six times the magnesium, 10 times the potassium, 15 times the vitamin C and 43 times the vitamin A of wheat-grass juice!
- . . . .and the green color is fantastic!