Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Jellyfish KING


Here is another larger painting. It measures 24 inches by 24 inches by 2 inches. I find the this color blue is so refreshing yet also relaxing. I mix all my own encaustic paints so the colors I create are my own recipe. I really like the texture of the jellyfish and sand dollars. I use an electric batik tool to create these sea creatures.


One of the great things about encaustic painting is the depth one can create in the layers of wax. With this piece, I layered lots of blue encaustic and in-between the layers I made circles of white and darker blue. By doing this technique, it gives the effect of looking through water.

3 comments:

  1. FUN!!! I love it. I could see that in lots of interiors....but especially for a neat kids room. Great job.

    www.dirksendabbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...