Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mixed Media Encaustic Using A Vintage Postcard

I think this vintage postcard is wonderful. I have used it in some of my mixed media paintings. One of the paintings I created, incorporating this image, was featured in an article I wrote for Somerset Memories Aug/Sept 2007.

The article was about how to use encaustic painting with photography.

For this painting I painted with encaustic on Plexiglas and used a variety of mixed media items. The vintage postcard is visible through a window and I printed my yellow rose photograph on a sheer paper that I embedded into the clear encaustic paint.
 


 The other paintings in the article were also painted on Plexiglas. These paintings had a nature theme.  Feel free to print and use this sweet  vintage postcard in your artwork. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how did you get the opportunity to write for a magazine! I'm so impressed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Somerset magazine series, but this is a fantastic magazine company that publishes and promotes artwork from people all over the world. Check out their site stampington.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...